Microsoft Visual Studio stuck on installation at 98%.

Microsoft Visual Studio stuck on installation at 98%.

Looking for:

Microsoft visual studio 2015 preparation stuck free 













































     


- Microsoft visual studio 2015 preparation stuck free



 

Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. During the installation of Visual Studio Community on Windows 10 the following error occurred for me:.

After that the installation went smoothly. Just to say, it's now August , and this problem is still alive and kicking it wasn't just a problem with one specific build of VS For me, I ended up having to install VS on a train, and using up my entire mobile phone's 2Gb monthly data allowance, as although it claimed only one package was corrupted, it ended up re-acquiring everything. Oh, and then it got stuck whilst trying to install the packages.

Giving up on the install, and rebooting my laptop actually got it started again. I had the same problem with installing VS Community. Run as administrator and just keep clicking download from internet.

Let me add that I started the update. Though it worked for me in IE11 - Stealthrt. Now, go back to the installer and browse to the "known folder" to locate the file you just downloaded. Downloading these files and selecting it in the Please provide a location.. I had to reference all 4 files above in order to get it to install. But I did end up missing some updates:. Once we realized the error, we re-published and re-mapped that package so that web installs should now work correctly.

And last, we're examining our internal policies and procedures to try and avoid this kind of broad mistake in the future. Run the installer executable with administrator rights right click on installer exe 'Run as administrator' and proceed with the installation as normal. I also had this problem. But I noticed that the problem occured only when I opened a new user not admin. I made the user admin and it worked fine. You should try it, I think that is the sollution to your problem.

I was facing the same problem. First I tried the online installation and faced above problem, then I tried to install VS from ISO but it was also giving an error saying "Product version which is higher than what you are trying to install is already installed in the device". I read many post on this but none of them had solved my issue. Finally I went to control panel and uninstalled a Visual studio Updater program.

Then offline installation worked for me. Perhaps a very stupid thing for me to do, but I had deleted the mounted drive after installing VS Hence the installer was trying to access a non existing path when doing the modification.

Just remounting the iso image made sure that the path got created again and I was able to proceed after that. I had the same issue with Visual Studio Express , but was able to install after ran all the updates to Visual Studio Express I have solved the issue just installed the missing setup manually.

Track out which one is showing missing or damaged then search same one in the setup folder and manually install during that main installation. Note:- Don't cancel the main setup after mannual installation please select the Skip option and then continue. It had the same issue as this post at beginning when running the installer as Administrator - "Run as administrator".

It was installed fine second time by just double clicking on the installer - run as a user, and the installer prompted the user to enter administrator's credential, enter the credential, then installed successfully. Stack Overflow for Teams — Start collaborating and sharing organizational knowledge. Create a free Team Why Teams? Learn more. Asked 6 years, 9 months ago.

Modified 9 months ago. Viewed k times. During the installation of Visual Studio Community on Windows 10 the following error occurred for me: A Setup Package is either missing or damaged.

Improve this question. Vadim Gremyachev Vadim Gremyachev Add a comment. Sorted by: Reset to default. Highest score default Date modified newest first Date created oldest first. So, short answer: the VS installer still isn't particularly stable. Improve this answer. Mike Gledhill Mike Gledhill The install then aborted.

But then I rebooted my laptop, and it immediately continued again without reacquiring everything and continued normally. But, seriously Burhan 4 4 silver badges 24 24 bronze badges.

Today we are in the office, installing from DVD's burned from ISO image, DVD's are fine but it seems this error message shows only when your account isn't Administrator account but you run it as another domain user with administrative rights.

In the cases when you run the installer after log in to an Administrator account, it completes successfully. This was the solution that worked for me — Will Lacey. Clinton Ward Clinton Ward 2, 1 1 gold badge 20 20 silver badges 26 26 bronze badges. I may have found the correct walkthrough to get this working.

I got it to work - when it asks you to locate "preparation. Though it worked for me in IE11 - Stealthrt 2. EricKn EricKn 1 1 silver badge 3 3 bronze badges. Which is actually present, yet still fails when I manually point the installer at it. No way altered or corrupt. If you're saying that the EXE could legitimately have a newer online version than the one baked into the ISO then IMO that dialog referenced in the original post needs rewording to reflect that it's not an error in that particular case.

Is there potentially an issue with running this from mounted ISO images? Irrmich - as I said above, I believe this feature is currently working as expected. When you see this dialog, it means that your machine failed to download a file correctly. While it has been caused twice by server-side issues in the past year, the vast majority of the time, it is usually an issue on a local machine or the network between Microsoft and a local machine.

If you'd like some help figuring out what happened, please feel free to email me directly at eric. AlexNguyen - to my knowledge, this issue is still resolved. That could be caused by anything between Microsoft's download site and your computer. If you'd like some help, please email me directly and I can help you diagnose precisely which file is failing to download eric.

I figure it's just better to download the DVD image instead. Show 13 more comments. I solved the specific issue of missing or corrupted redistributables by doing the following: go to Microsoft Certificates start certmgr. Brad C 2, 21 21 silver badges 32 32 bronze badges. I think you meant certmgr. I was having similar problems and the following solution worked for me: Run the installer executable with administrator rights right click on installer exe 'Run as administrator' and proceed with the installation as normal.

Joseph King Joseph King 4, 1 1 gold badge 28 28 silver badges 34 34 bronze badges. Joe, I've tried it as well but unfortunately it didn't work for me — Vadim Gremyachev. Hike Nalbandyan Hike Nalbandyan 1 1 gold badge 9 9 silver badges 27 27 bronze badges. Pruthviraj Pruthviraj 6 6 silver badges 22 22 bronze badges. Bikash Biswal Bikash Biswal 13 7 7 bronze badges.

The Overflow Blog. Run your microservices in no-fail mode Ep. Featured on Meta. Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate Dalmarus. The [comma] tag is being burninated. Linked 7. Related Hot Network Questions. Question feed. Accept all cookies Customize settings.

   


Comments